May 28, 2022
Listen to the Podcast
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
Can we trust the Bible?
This was the question we talked in depth about in the last episode, 8 Reasons Why YOU Can Trust the Bible, and today we are talking to Amy Van Vogt- mama, wife, Ex-LDS, Biblical theology student, and massive enthusiast of reading God’s word.
Like me, Amy went a long time stuck in a bad theological mindset years after leaving the church when one day God showed her another way.
Now, self-admitted, get her talking about the Bible and she can’t stop.
Is the Bible Cool? Should YOU Do Lessons or Just Read?
How to be a Christian and Build your Faith…
“Know it only gets better and really read the Bible. Don’t just do lessons. Don’t do what other people want you to learn. You’re going to have those Bible studies and those classes where the focus is on prayer. You’re going to follow that and you’re going to have stories of everything and people are going to lead you to where you really should go…. most of the time.
But go where God wants you to go.
When you’re reading it, just read the Bible because His story is there for us. He gave it to us and just read it.
And appreciate it for what it is. You don’t need to add any more to it. You don’t need to explain it all away.
I remember going to Sunday school growing up, and the same answers were said…
And at a certain point, I could see the ‘church’ answers. The questions didn’t matter anymore, and it was just the lessons. They weren’t teaching us about God’s word.
So, just take away everything else, so that the only thing you have is God’s word and He is enough and He’s there.
Take your time and just put everything aside and just read it without an agenda. Read without a goal of, I want to study prayer or I just want to get my two verses to read so I can say that I read my Bible. Just take your time and read it and study it without an agenda.
And let God tell you what He wants you to do.”
~Amy Van Vogt
More About Amy…
“I am a mother of four and married to my husband of 16 years.
I am going to school for my degree in Biblical Theology.
I am in love with God’s word. I am thankful for the direction that God is leading me.”— Amy Van Vogt
Next Step YOU Need to Take…
- 80. Tools for a Life of Faith with Vanessa Szanto
- Ep 79. Introducing Christianity to Mormons with Eric Johnson
- 78. Do God and Business Mix? Interview with Top Christian Podcaster and Business Coach, Stefanie Gass
- 77. What is Original Sin? Is sin the same for Christians as it is for Mormons? 5 facts about biblical sin
- What Does it Mean, God is with Us? 2 Things to Know your Strength// Wisdom Wednesday
- Are You Ready for a Radical Transformation? From Judgement to Jesus, An Interview with Ex-LDS -Christian and Street Minister, Courtney Ko
- 5 Mind-blowing Facts About God’s Creation-A View You Have Never Heard Before //Basic Christian Beliefs Every Exmo and New Believer Needs to Know.
- Did God Make a Mistake? A Verse to Help You Know Your Worth. // Wisdom Wednesday
- What is Theology? Can I Become a Theologian?//Theology for the Soul
- FINALLY!! The Trinity Explained in 4 Easy Steps! //Basic Christian Beliefs Every Exmo and New Believer Needs to Know. #3